Election: PKR Johor, Negeri Sembilan candidate list 99 percent final

JOHOR BAHRU: PKR's list of candidates for the State Elections (PRN) in Johor and Negeri Sembilan is now 99 percent final, said its Secretary-General Datuk Dr Fuziah Salleh. He said the party would contest 20 State Legislative Assembly (DUN) seats in Johor and 16 seats in Negeri Sembilan, while the official announcement of candidates was expected to be made in the next few days. "We will feature a balanced mix of old and new faces, including women and young people. Regarding the percentage of new faces, wait for the announcement later," he told reporters after attending the Rahmah Sales Program at Econsave Taman Daya, here today. Commenting on Amanah Johor's claim against the Puteri Wangsa state seat, Fuziah said the issue of the seat dispute had been handed over entirely to the top leadership of the component parties to be resolved. Previously, Johor Amanah Vice Chairman Dr Zuhan Zain did not agree with the seat being handed over to PKR, stating that the seat belonged to them after being loaned to the Malaysian Democratic Alliance Party (MUDA) in the 2022 general election. "That (their claim of the seat) is a claim from Amanah Johor, but this matter will be resolved at the highest level," he said. Touching on the status of action against Subang MP Wong Chen who challenged PKR to sack him following a disciplinary investigation, Fuziah said the matter had been submitted to the party's Disciplinary Board for further action. The Election Commission (EC) has set the nomination day for the Johor state election on June 27, while polling day will be on July 11 after the State Legislative Assembly (DUN) was dissolved on June 1. The Johor state assembly has 56 seats and before the dissolution, Barisan Nasional (BN) controlled 40 seats followed by Pakatan Harapan (PH) (12), Perikatan Nasional (PN) (three) and MUDA (one). Meanwhile, the Negeri Sembilan state election is set for August 1 with the nomination dates on July 18 and July 28 for early voting. The Negeri Sembilan state assembly, which has 36 seats, was dissolved on June 5 and before the dissolution, PH controlled 17 seats, BN (14) and PN (five). -- BERNAMA

JOHOR BAHRU: PKR’s list of candidates for the State Elections (PRN) in Johor and Negeri Sembilan is now 99 percent final, said its Secretary-General Datuk Dr Fuziah Salleh. He said the party would contest 20 State Legislative Assembly (DUN) seats in Johor and 16 seats in Negeri Sembilan, while the official announcement of candidates was […]

N.Sembilan RTD Seizes 145 Luxury Cars In Ops Luxury

SEREMBAN, June 18 -- The Negeri Sembilan Road Transport Department (RTD) has seized 145 luxury vehicles for various road offences through Ops Luxury in the first six months of this year. Negeri Sembilan RTD director Jasyindar Singh Sihdu said this was the result of inspections on 870 luxury vehicles such as BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Toyota Alphard, Lexus and BMW Limousine with 262 offences detected. "They include Motor Vehicle Licenses (LKM), insurance coverage and invalid or expired driving licenses, vehicle modifications without RTD approval and violations of provisions under the Road Transport Act 1987. "During the operation, seven luxury cars driven by non-citizens including from China, Pakistan, Bangladesh and a United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) cardholder were seized," he said in a statement here today. He said that every offence would be dealt with without any compromise, including confiscation of vehicles and prosecution in court. He said his party would increase the frequency and intensity of enforcement operations including patrols, roadblocks and technical inspections to ensure compliance with traffic laws is always at the highest level. -- BERNAMA

SEREMBAN, June 18 — The Negeri Sembilan Road Transport Department (RTD) has seized 145 luxury vehicles for various road offences through Ops Luxury in the first six months of this year. Negeri Sembilan RTD director Jasyindar Singh Sihdu said this was the result of inspections on 870 luxury vehicles such as BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Toyota Alphard, […]

Special EC Meeting Today To Decide Key Dates For Johor, Negeri Sembilan Polls

PUTRAJAYA, June 12  -- The Election Commission (EC) will hold a special meeting today to determine key dates and other matters related to the Johor and Negeri Sembilan state elections. The meeting, to be chaired by EC chairman Datuk Seri Ramlan Harun, is scheduled to begin at 10 am at the EC headquarters here, followed by a press conference. Among the dates expected to be announced are those for the issuance of election writs, nomination day, early voting, polling day and the campaign period, as well as other preparations for the elections. On June 1, Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Onn Hafiz Ghazi announced the dissolution of the 56-seat Johor State Legislative Assembly after obtaining the consent of Regent of Johor Tunku Mahkota Ismail. This was followed by Negeri Sembilan Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Aminuddin Harun's announcement on June 4 that the 36-seat Negeri Sembilan State Legislative Assembly would be dissolved the following day after obtaining the consent of Yang Dipertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan Tuanku Muhriz Tuanku Munawir. -- BERNAMA

PUTRAJAYA, June 12  — The Election Commission (EC) will hold a special meeting today to determine key dates and other matters related to the Johor and Negeri Sembilan state elections. The meeting, to be chaired by EC chairman Datuk Seri Ramlan Harun, is scheduled to begin at 10 am at the EC headquarters here, followed […]

MADANI Govt Will Continue To Improve Form Six Prog – Fadhlina

KUALA LUMPUR, June 8 -- The move to rebrand and the implementation of various initiatives prove that the MADANI Government will not stopped striving to improve the Form Six programme. Education Minister Fadhlina Sidek said the effort included rebranding to improve the image, system and quality of education on par with other post-secondary education. "The Form Six programme is indeed very special and close to our hearts. We have implemented various initiatives to continue to elevate this programme," she said in a Facebook post today. According to her, initiatives such as Early Schooling Assistance (BAP), the establishment of the National Form Six Student Representative Committee and strategic collaborations with public higher education institutions were implemented specifically to support Form Six students. She said the Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) has high value and is recognised not only at the national level, but also by more than 2,000 international universities. Earlier, she greeted Form Six students who had just registered at Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Tuanku Muhammad, Kuala Pilah, Negeri Sembilan. “Congratulations everyone. You have taken another step forward in your efforts to achieve excellence,” she said. -- BERNAMA

KUALA LUMPUR, June 8 — The move to rebrand and the implementation of various initiatives prove that the MADANI Government will not stopped striving to improve the Form Six programme. Education Minister Fadhlina Sidek said the effort included rebranding to improve the image, system and quality of education on par with other post-secondary education. “The […]

EC to Hold Special Meeting on Negeri Sembilan State Election on June 12

PUTRAJAYA, June 8, 2026 — Malaysia’s Election Commission (EC) will convene a special meeting on June 12 to determine key dates and preparations for the 16th Negeri Sembilan State Election following the dissolution of the 15th Negeri Sembilan State Legislative Assembly on June 5. In a media statement issued today, the EC announced that the special meeting will be held concurrently with a similar meeting concerning the 16th Johor State Election. The meeting will be chaired by EC Chairman, Ramlan Harun, and will discuss important election-related matters, including the issuance of the election writ, nomination day, polling day, the electoral roll to be used, and other logistical preparations required for the conduct of the state election. The EC said the meeting forms part of its preparations to ensure the smooth implementation of the electoral process in Negeri Sembilan. A press conference is scheduled to take place immediately after the conclusion of the special meeting, where the commission is expected to announce the official election timetable and other relevant details. The statement was issued by Khairul Shahril Idrus, Secretary of the Election Commission of Malaysia, on June 8, 2026.   -- MINUTESMY 

PUTRAJAYA, June 8 — Malaysia’s Election Commission (EC) will convene a special meeting on June 12 to determine key dates and preparations for the 16th Negeri Sembilan State Election following the dissolution of the 15th Negeri Sembilan State Legislative Assembly on June 5. In a media statement issued today, the EC announced that the special […]

PM Anwar: Tuanku Muhriz Still Recognised as Negeri Sembilan Ruler

KUALA LUMPUR, JUN 5 -- Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has reaffirmed the Federal Government’s full support for Negeri Sembilan Ruler Tuanku Muhriz ibni Almarhum Tuanku Munawir and the state administration led by Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Aminuddin Harun, warning that any attempt to pressure or intimidate the monarchy could threaten national security and public order. Speaking to reporters after Friday prayers at Masjid Meranti here, Anwar stressed that constitutional disputes involving royal institutions must be addressed through lawful and established channels. “Threatening or forcing any ruler to act would have a very negative impact on the country and its security,” he said. The Prime Minister emphasised that rulers are bound by constitutional provisions, legal frameworks and longstanding customs, adding that actions perceived as undermining the institution of the monarchy should be avoided. While acknowledging the right of individuals to pursue legal and constitutional remedies, Anwar said any challenge must be supported by sound legal arguments and resolved through due process. “I have conveyed my views directly to Tuanku Muhriz. All parties should respect the constitutional mechanisms available in addressing this matter,” he said. Referring to recent developments surrounding the ongoing royal dispute in Negeri Sembilan, Anwar said an event held at a hotel had not affected the standing or dignity of Tuanku Muhriz. Nevertheless, he noted that governments have a responsibility to provide appropriate advice on matters involving royal institutions. “The monarchy is not merely symbolic. It carries dignity, traditions and established procedures that must be upheld. “As a government, we remain committed to defending the dignity of the monarchy and the sovereignty of the institution,” he said. Anwar reiterated that the Federal Government continues to recognise Tuanku Muhriz as the legitimate Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan and urged those with differing views to pursue their concerns through constitutional channels without creating public anxiety or disrupting state administration. The Prime Minister also expressed strong support for Aminuddin’s proposal to dissolve the Negeri Sembilan Legislative Assembly and seek a fresh mandate through state elections. According to Anwar, the proposal had received the consent of Tuanku Muhriz and offered the best path forward in resolving the uncertainty surrounding the ongoing dispute. “Because of the confusion and uncertainty surrounding the matter, I fully support the Menteri Besar’s position that the best course of action is to hold an election, and Tuanku Muhriz has consented to it,” he said. Anwar concluded by reaffirming Putrajaya’s backing for both Tuanku Muhriz and the Negeri Sembilan government. “We are still with Tuanku Muhriz and the state government. If there are other views, they should be pursued through the proper channels. We will not obstruct that process, but there are clear reasons why the current approach should continue,” he added. --PRESSKL

KUALA LUMPUR, JUN 5 — Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has reaffirmed the Federal Government’s full support for Negeri Sembilan Ruler Tuanku Muhriz ibni Almarhum Tuanku Munawir and the state administration led by Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Aminuddin Harun, warning that any attempt to pressure or intimidate the monarchy could threaten national security and […]

DAP Postpones National Congress, Gears Up for Johor and Negeri Sembilan State Polls

KUALA LUMPUR, June 5, 2026 — The Central Executive Committee (CEC) of Democratic Action Party (DAP) has postponed its 2026 National Congress to focus on the upcoming state elections in Johor and Negeri Sembilan. In a statement issued after its monthly meeting on Thursday night, DAP Secretary-General Loke Siew Fook announced that the party's National Congress, originally scheduled for July 12, will now be held on August 16, following the dissolution of the state legislative assemblies in Johor and Negeri Sembilan. DAP confirmed it will defend all seats currently held by the party in both states and is seeking to contest additional constituencies in Johor, subject to final negotiations with fellow partners in Pakatan Harapan. The party also announced the formation of a five-member candidate selection committee comprising Loke, Gobind Singh Deo, Nga Kor Ming, Teo Nie Ching and Chong Chieng Jen. Separately, DAP reiterated its support for the proposed Constitutional Amendment Bill to separate the roles of the Attorney General and Public Prosecutor, which is expected to be tabled during the upcoming Dewan Rakyat sitting beginning June 22. The party pledged to ensure the support of all 40 DAP Members of Parliament for the bill and called on lawmakers across the political divide to back what it described as a historic institutional reform. DAP said it remains committed to advancing institutional reforms within the Unity Government while mounting a strong campaign to secure victories for Pakatan Harapan in both Johor and Negeri Sembilan. -- MINUTESMY

KUALA LUMPUR, June 5, 2026 — The Central Executive Committee (CEC) of Democratic Action Party (DAP) has postponed its 2026 National Congress to focus on the upcoming state elections in Johor and Negeri Sembilan. In a statement issued after its monthly meeting on Thursday night, DAP Secretary-General Loke Siew Fook announced that the party’s National […]

Negeri Sembilan State Assembly Dissolved To Pave Way For State Election

SEREMBAN, June 5 -- The Negeri Sembilan State Legislative Assembly, which has 36 seats, will be officially dissolved tomorrow to pave the way for the upcoming State Election (PRN) yesterday. The announcement was made by Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Aminuddin Harun during a special press conference at his official residence here last night, bringing an end to weeks of speculation surrounding the timing of the assembly's dissolution. Aminuddin said the dissolution was carried out after obtaining the consent of the Yang Dipertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan, Tuanku Muhriz Tuanku Munawir, during an audience at Istana Besar Seri Menanti earlier today. Aminuddin said the official notice of the State Legislative Assembly's dissolution will be submitted to the Election Commission (EC) soon for the electoral body to determine key dates for the upcoming State Election (PRN). The dates to be announced by the EC include nomination day, the campaign period, early voting and polling day. “Pakatan Harapan will contest all 36 state seats and the allocation of seats among component parties will be announced next week,” he told reporters after announcing the dissolution of the assembly here tonight. Meanwhile, he said the dissolution was carried out in accordance with the provisions of the Negeri Sembilan State Constitution and was deemed necessary to address the political uncertainty that had arisen in the state. “We feel it is necessary to obtain a fresh mandate from the people, so I leave it to the people to determine the future of this state,” he said. The 15th State Election in 2023 saw Pakatan Harapan and Barisan Nasional form the Negeri Sembilan government after securing a combined 31 of the 36 state seats. Of the total seats, PH won 17, BN secured 14, while Perikatan Nasional (PN) won the remaining five seats. Negeri Sembilan becomes the second state to dissolve the state assembly to make way for the state election after Johor, which did so last Monday. -- BERNAMA

SEREMBAN, June 5 — The Negeri Sembilan State Legislative Assembly, which has 36 seats, will be officially dissolved tomorrow to pave the way for the upcoming State Election (PRN) yesterday. The announcement was made by Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Aminuddin Harun during a special press conference at his official residence here last night, bringing an […]